- Feature Links
- City Council Agenda
- 2016 Council Packets
- September 20, 2016
September 20, 2016
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
Meeting, Public Hearing and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. - Tuesday, September 20, 2016
SAGINAW CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
333 WEST McLEROY BOULEVARD
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas
- "Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, One State under God, One and indivisible"
(2) Invocation - Dr. Danny Howe, First Baptist Church
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which case the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0916-09 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, September 6, 2016 - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(b) CC-0916-10 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, September 13, 2016 - Mayor Gary Brinkley
(c) CC-0916-11 (PDF): Action regarding amendment to Facility Rental/Reservation Rules and Policies to require an attendant to be present at all indoor facility rentals - Director of Recreation, Keith Rinehart
(5) CC-0916-12 (PDF): Public Hearing – Presentation of Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2016-2017 - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(6) CC-0916-13 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2016-13, Adoption of Budget for Fiscal Year 2016-2017 - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(7) CC-0916-14 (PDF): Consideration and Action to Ratify the Adopted 2016-2017 Fiscal Year Budget - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(8) CC-0916-15 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2016-10, Adopting and Setting the Property Tax Rate for the 2016 Tax Year - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(9) CC-0916-16: Public Hearing – Presentation of Revised Budget for Fiscal Year 2015-2016 - Asstistant City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(10) CC-0916-17 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2016-14, Adoption of Revised Budget for Fiscal Year 2015-2016 - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(11) CC-0916-18 (PDF): Public Hearing – Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2016-11, Amending the City's Drainage Utility System Schedule of Charges - Assistant City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(12) CC-0916-19 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on request for approval of a Final Plat for Bar C Ranch Phase 2, being 15.853 acres of land in the John Wagley Survey, Abstract Number 1597 (66 single family lots) - Director of Public Works, Mark White
(13) CC-0916-20 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding setting date for Public Hearing on Update to Land Use Assumptions, Capital Improvements Plan, and Impact Fees - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(14) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
b. Legal advice regarding substandard and dangerous building ordinance procedures
(15) Adjournment - Mayor, Gary Brinkley