2022 Swim Lesson Registration Information
The Summer swim season is just around the corner and it’s not too early to start planning for swim lessons. Swim lesson registration begins in April for Saginaw residents only. NEW this year, the City of Saginaw Aquatics Center has partnered with "Off the Deep End Aquatics” to offer swim lessons.
Saginaw Recreation Center, 633 West McLeroy Blvd.
- Saginaw Resident: any person who lives within the corporate city limits of the City of Saginaw, Texas and pays taxes and a water bill to the City of Saginaw.
- Non-Resident: any person who does not live within the corporate city limits of the City of Saginaw, Texas and pays taxes and a water bill to another municipality.
- Early Registration begins on Saturday, April 2 at 8:00 for Saginaw Residents ONLY! (Must bring a Saginaw Water Bill)
- Open Registration begins Saturday, April 16 at 8:00 a.m.
2022 Summer Swim Season
- Water Tot/Tykes, Level 1(Water Exploration), Level 2 (Primary Skills), Level 3 (Stroke Readiness), Level 4 (Strokes and Turns)
- Class Descriptions (PDF)
- Eight 30-minute classes on instruction
- Morning Classes 9:00 am, 9:40 am, 10:20 am, and 11:00 am (Available for Private Lessons)
- Evening Classes 7:00 pm and 7:50 pm
- $60 Saginaw Residents
- $70 non-Saginaw Residents
Morning Session Info: Sessions are 2 weeks in length Monday through Thursday:
- Session 1: June 6-16
- Session 2: June 20-30
- Session 3: July 11-21
Evening Session Info: Sessions are 2.5 weeks in length on M/W/F evenings:
- Session 1: June 13-29
- Session 2: July 11-20
For more information about our aquatic programs, call 817-230-0350.
Parental Information About Our Program
We are here to help your children improve their swimming capabilities through a positive, fun learning environment. In order for our instructors to maximize your child’s learning experience, we ask that PARENTS/GUARDIANS assist us by following these simple guidelines:
- We ask that you arrive about 5 minutes early. This will allow you to have a seat as the prior class is leaving the pool area. Please remember to stay seated during class. We ask that parents do not “coach” their children from the side of the pool or sit “poolside” with their feet in the water, as tempting as it is.
- The child, and parent when applicable, should be ready to enter the water at class time. All children enter the pool at the time their instructor indicates. No child is allowed in the pool before his or her instructor enters the water.
- Please be sure that your child has no gum or candy in his or her mouth prior to lessons.
- Do not feed the children 1 to 1½ hours before class. This is particularly true for the babies, toddlers and first-time swimmers. For children that are not used to swimming under the water, they sometimes swallow a lot of water the first time or 2. This can lead to a very upset stomach.
- Infants and toddlers must wear a swim diapers.
- When the instructor signals class is over and the children are exiting the pool, please have your child walk to you. This will ease possible “traffic delays” at the steps of the pool, allowing the students and instructors to exit the pool quickly. We ask that you stay in the pool area during your child’s classes. Be sure you meet your child as they exit the pool so they are not walking through the parking lot unattended.
- In the event of lightning, we will exit the pool as quickly as possible. Once the last lightning strike is sighted, it is required we wait thirty (30) minutes before re-entering the pool.
- If there is bad weather and the kids cannot get in the pool, the instructors will conduct a safety day for the children inside the recreation center.