Recruitment & Hiring
Interested in joining the Saginaw Police Department?
The City of Saginaw Police Department is currently hiring certified and non-certified applications for the position of Police Officer and Police Dispatcher. If you are a problem solver who wants to work with people from all cultures, races, and economic backgrounds, and have good moral character and integrity, we welcome you to apply.
Interested applicants can find additional information by calling Saginaw Police Recruiting Division at 817-230-0349.
BECOME A SAGINAW POLICE OFFICER
UPCOMING Testing Date: Monday, December 4th at 9AM
To sign up for testing, email Sgt. Robin Espinosa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Location:||Saginaw Police Department|
505 W. McLeroy Blvd
Saginaw, TX 76179
- Community Services Officer
- Criminal Investigations
- Bicycle Patrol
- Traffic Division
- Honor Guard
The hiring process for a City of Saginaw Patrol Officer will consist of the following:
- Written Test
- Exam will be administered. State issued ID will be required to complete the exam.
- Upon successful completion of the written exam, applicant will immediately proceed to the Fitness Assessment portion of the test. Candidates are encouraged to bring appropriate athletic attire.
- Candidates can purchase a study guide and practice test by clicking here.
- Fitness Assessment: Occurs immediately after successful completion of the written test
- Receive instructions on how to complete the Physical Assessment
- Are encouraged to wear appropriate athletic attire
- It is scored on a PASS/FAIL basis
- More information in the section below
- Personal History Statement
- Will be provided after successfully passing both written and fitness assessment test
- Background Investigation
- Oral Board Panel Interview
- Physiological Exam
- Physical and Drug Screen
Candidates must complete a 2000 meter row within the maximum target time as calculated on the DPS Concept2 Rower Calculator. The test is designed to determine your overall fitness level specifically for the position of Police Officer. The test parameters are set based on gender, age and weight of the applicant.
Use the DPS Concept2 Rower Calculator to determine maximum target time. Candidates should enter their gender, age, and weight at the 40th percentile for their maximum target time to be calculated.
The City of Saginaw uses the Concept2 Rower for the physical assessment. The damper setting on the rower will be set at 5 at the time of the physical assessment. Many local gyms, recreation centers, and fitness facilities use the Concept2Rower and it is highly recommended applicants take the opportunity to prepare for the physical assessment. Below is a video outlining proper rowing techniques.
Saginaw Police Department Benefits
- Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) participation (7% employee, 2:1 city contribution, vested after 5yrs)
- Longevity Pay / Certificate Incentive Pay
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Eleven Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Bilingual Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Coverage
- 12 Hour Shifts, Every Other weekend off
- Flexible Tattoo Policy with Chief of Police Approval