- Feature Links
- City Council Agenda
- 2018 Council Packets
- October 16, 2018
October 16, 2018
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, October 16, 2018
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(2) Invocation - Rabbi Mordecai Griffin, Sar Shalom Synagogue
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-1018-01 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, September 18, 2018 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(b) CC-1018-02 (PDF): Action regarding Agreement with Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages LLC to be the Official Drink Provider for the City of Saginaw - Director of Community Services, Keith Rinehart
(c) CC-1018-0 (PDF)3: Action regarding Ordinance No. 2018-19, amending Master Fee Schedule, Revising Recreation Center and Aquatic Center Fees - Director of Community Services, Keith Rinehart
(d) CC-1018-04 (PDF): Action regarding Interlocal Agreement with Fort Worth Transportation Authority (“Trinity Metro”) for Tarrant County Transportation Services for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities for the period of October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019 - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(e) CC-1018-05 (PDF): Action regarding Interlocal Agreement with Fort Worth Transportation Authority (“Trinity Metro”) for Tarrant County Transportation Services for an Additional Guaranteed Day of Service for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities for the period of October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019 - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(f) CC-1018-06 (PDF): Action regarding Purchase of ¾ ton 2019 Chevrolet Crew Cab Fleet Service Pickup Truck from James Wood Motors, Inc. for the Fire Department - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(g) CC-1018-07 (PDF): Action regarding Tarrant County Fire Alarm Center Contract, October 1, 2018-September 30, 2019 - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(h) CC-1018-08 (PDF): Action regarding contract with Tarrant County Emergency Services District #1 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019 - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(5) CC-1018-09 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Request for Reduction in Height of the Required Eight Foot Screening Device at 108 Anderson Street - Baker Ghanim
(6) CC-1018-10 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Appointment of Economic Development Sub Committee - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(7) CC-1018-11 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Appointment of Finance/Audit Sub Committee - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(8) CC-1018-12 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-22, Adoption of Financial Management Policies (Tabled at 9/04/2018 City Council Meeting) - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(9) CC-1018-13 (PDF): Discussion of Ride-Out Program - Fire Chief, Doug Spears and Police Captain, Russell Ragsdale
(10) Executive Session:
1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
2. § 551.087. Texas Government Code. Deliberation regarding Economic Development Negotiations. The City Council may convene in executive session to discuss or deliberate regarding commercial or financial information that the City has received from a business prospect that the City seeks to have locate, stay, or expand in or near the City and with which the City is conducting economic development negotiations; or to deliberate the offer of a financial or other incentive to a business prospect described above, including:
a. Possible Mixed Use Development located north of Walmart
(11) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo