- Feature Links
- City Council Agenda
- 2017 Council Packets
- September 19, 2017
September 19, 2017
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
Meeting, Public Hearing, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Boulevard
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- "Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible"
(2) Invocation - Pastor Michael Orr, Saginaw Church of Christ
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which case the contested item will be heard separately.
(5) CC-0917-14 (PDF): Proclamation – National Dyslexia Month - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(6) CC-0917-15 (PDF): Public Hearing – Presentation of Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2017-2018 - Interim City Manager, Dan O'Leary
(7) CC-0917-16 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2017-14, Adoption of Budget for Fiscal Year 2017-2018 - Interim City Manager, Dan O'Leary
(8) CC-0917-17 (PDF): Consideration and Action to Ratify the Adopted 2017-2018 Fiscal Year Budget - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(9) CC-0917-18 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2017-11, Adopting and Setting the Property Tax Rate for the 2017 Tax Year - Interim City Manager, Dan O'Leary
(10) CC-0917-19 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2017-12, Water Service Rates - Interim City Manager, Dan O'Leary
(11) CC-0917-20 (PDF): Public Hearing – Presentation of Revised Budget for Fiscal Year 2016-2017 - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(12) CC-0917-21 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2017-15, Adoption of Revised Budget for Fiscal Year 2016-2017 - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(13) CC-0917-22 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding a term loan to Spring Hollow Senior Residential LP for the purpose of constructing the Mariposa Apartment Homes at Spring Hollow (Resolution No. 2014-06) - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(14) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
(15) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo